This job is currently Archived,
Psychiatry Area Sales Manager Cleveland United States,
Posted on : 12 June 2017
- No other global pharmaceutical company is focused solely on the brain.
- Our company s global legacy in neuroscience goes back six decades, and with it comes a tremendous level of expertise, commitment and energy not to mention, responsibility to patients. We are radically changing the future, investing in long-term plays in research.
- As we define tomorrow, there is no question that the here and now is critical to bridge the future. Therefore, we continue to bring forward therapies to address symptomatic improvements to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments in pursuit of a cure.
- Our company continues to form international partnerships that can maximize research and development as well as the company s ability to deliver therapies to patients. Our company entered into an alliance with Takeda in September 2007 to develop and commercialize a portfolio of compounds in the U.S. and Japan for treatment of mood and anxiety disorders.
- The Foundation contributes nearly $100 million to life sciences research each year and an additional 1 million euro for The Brain Prize to advance neuroscience research As an Area Sales Manager (ASM) you will be responsible for leading, developing, and managing a diverse, high performing sales team to achieve sales goals for promoted Psychiatry products within an assigned geographic area.
- Set and lead the development of area strategic direction and tactical sales plans using robust analytical skills to identify strengths and opportunities while minimizing weaknesses and threats to execute those plans and meet or exceed sales goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Leading People
- Achieves business objectives and sales results by observing Account Manager interactions with target customers, extended treatment team members, ancillary staff and providing them with individual coaching, feedback and inspiration. Helps Account Manager continue to develop for success in current role and for future growth.
- Establishes a results driven highly collaborative team culture by demonstrating personal accountability, teamwork, and collaboration
- Leads by example and works collaboratively across functional areas by serving as a resource and by leveraging the expertise of others.
- Recruits, develops, and retains diverse, high performing Account Managers to the company.
Knowing the Business
- Guides the identification of local market systems of care, patient flow, reimbursement, and provides innovation solutions
- Identifies strategic relationships that are valuable to the area s business (e.g. KOLs, advocacy, P&T committee, etc.)
- Actively seeks to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships and delivering innovative solutions.
- Ensures that Account Managers can accurately craft Managed Markets selling messages to effectively position our company's products within the context of the provider s setting and payer mix.
- Sets and maintains competent product knowledge and selling skills standards within the team. Directs and monitors the execution of approved marketing plans and promotion campaigns. Evaluate and identify improvement and development opportunities of account managers through performance management process to include clear, timely, and actionable feedback on a regular basis.
- Facilitates local market execution by aligning the sales force and other cross-functional areas (to include alliance partners), persuading, convincing, or motivating a targeted audience through collaboration and direct or indirect influence.
- Analyzes sales reports and develops plan of action.
- Maintains timely communication with account managers, management and in-house personnel. Manages multiple priorities and resources related to individual and group efforts. Takes responsibility for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high productivity and quality of work from self and others.
- Assures adherence to all standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as set forth by the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical sales or related experience
- External Candidates: Minimum or equivalent of 3 years in Pharmaceutical, Medical or Healthcare Sales Management experience.
- Internal Candidates a minimum of 3 years experience with demonstrated consistent sales success including documentation of job and/or academic performance (Must have finished in top 25% in 2 of 3 years.) and/or 1 year experience of Commercial experience in areas such as: company Field Trainer, Managed Care Account Manager, Sales Operations, or Marketing.
- Must live within 100 miles of territory boundaries
- Documented track record of sales success and financial management.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to develop, train and provide feedback to a group of account managers.
- Must possess superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Valid driver s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with the company.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous Psychiatric sales management experience in Schizophrenia or Antidepressants/MDD
- Previous sales management experience and/or experience in other areas of the business; i.e., marketing, sales training, managed care account manager, sales operations, account management is a plus.
- Previous experience in Injectable/Infusion and/or Buy and Bill products
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e. co-promotions)
- Previous experience partnering with Advocacy groups
- Previous experience building and developing effective teams
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 70% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) attend internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Find a Job Find Candidates