Proton Therapy Upgrade Engineering Internship - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Interns job duties will mainly include supporting ongoing projects while job shadowing engineering leaders with a focus on maintaining or improving the cyclotron infrastructure.
- Interns will have the opportunity to participate in one or more of the following work groups:
LEARNING AND HANDS-ON OPPORTUNITIES:
- Cooling systems, vacuum systems, PLC’s, regulation loops, drivers, sensors, positioning equipment, electric motors, high voltage equipment, low voltage equipment, etc.
- Mechanical system repair, maintenance and operations of large systems.
- Troubleshoot Proton Therapy System equipment including electrical, mechanical, and software problems.
- Maintenance of the Proton Therapy System including but not limited to preventative maintenance and curative maintenance.
- Various customer needs which will include, but not be limited to: Patient Treatment, Patient Specific QA, development, Software Testing, Troubleshooting, and experimentation.
- Support the Proton Therapy System in all phases which will include but not be limited to: installation, unit testing, integration testing, validation testing and other various site related activities as they are defined by the site manager.
- Support daily clinical operations with an company Engineer team member
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a safe and efficient maintenance operation
- Assist with maintaining adequate records
- Plan, coordinate and observe various types of production and maintenance activities in the efficient, safe and economic performance of their duties.
- Coordinate track maintenance work with contractors and other departments to maximize work efforts and train operations.
- Perform pre-work inspections and ensure quality control by assisting morning walk-throughs.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree candidates majoring in Engineering, Electronics, Physics, Computer Science disciplines. (Accepting recent graduates and/or those pursuing their degree)
- Co-Op candidates welcomed.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Demonstrate “Go-Getter” attitude
- Detailed oriented
- Work effectively with others
- Express ideas and information in a clear and concise manner
- Recognize and respond effectively with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Good customer service mentality
- < >Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing task priorities and work situations
- General Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook etc are preferred
- Basic knowledge of LINIX, UNIX, Java, C, C++ nice to have.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Hours are irregular with 15-32 hours per week.
- Schedule could involve nights and weekends as our company is a 24/7 work environment.
- The position is a professional position and the conduct of such a position should be the basic expectation.
- Occupational exposure to radiation
- Work with high voltage equipment and magnetic fields
- Work with hazardous materials
- Ability to lift >50 pounds.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.