Proton Therapy Service Engineer - Beam Physics - Germany
- As a subsidiary of the University Hospital, the West German Proton Therapy Center features the world’s most advanced proton therapy equipment.
- The center, which will comprise four treatment rooms, three gantries (isocentric rotational frames) and one fixed-beam room, offers the most advanced options for patient positioning and irradiation technologies including the latest advancements in company’s Pencil Beam Scanning (PBS).
- The center has been treating patients since May 2013.
As Beam Physics Service Engineer you are responsible for:
- Performing the beam-related equipment calibration following procedures
- Operating the system (understanding the software/hardware architecture of the system and the PT center components) in order to obtain a beam that matches the requirements
- Setting and aligning Dosimetry tools
- Critically analyzing a large amount of data to diagnose potential technical issues
- Testing and validating the equipment according to the specifications and ensuring the customer requirements are met in terms of compliance, quality, technical performance and timing
- Managing all aspects of beam-related commissioning activities: Pencil Beam Scanning (PBS) etc.
- Ensuring the highest quality of state-of-the-art technologies and services
- Maintaining and troubleshooting the equipment
- Operating the system and providing technical support to the medical staff during QA, patient treatment and clinical operations
- Ensuring the client requirements are met in terms of technical performance, timing and safety
- Training customers
- Carrying out preventive and corrective maintenance on hardware and software equipment (shift work)
- Upgrading and improving the system in collaboration with the R&D department
Profile You have:
- A Master degree or PhD in Physics or engineering
- An experience in High Energy Physics, Particle Accelerators or Medical Physics is a strong asset
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, MATLAB and Monte-Carlo Simulations
- The ability to troubleshoot large system issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
And you also are:
- Able to follow rules & regulations and you able to deliver on strict deadlines
- Analytical, good troubleshooting skills, able to identify root cause of issues
- Willing to share your knowledge in your area of expertise
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel extensively during the training period (+/- 6 months)
- A flexible person, willing to work in rotating shift work, night work and weekends (up to 50% of your time)
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.