Proteomics Mass Spectrometrist - United Kingdom
Charles River (company)
The purpose of this laboratory-based role is to provide proteomic expertise and analysis in the design, execution and interpretation of capture compound mass spectroscopy projects for client programmes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Application of mass spectrometry to the study of proteins and peptides in the context of drug discovery projects.
- Development of new approaches to apply this chemoproteomics capture approach in live cells at physiologically relevant compound concentrations
- Work on a variety of projects supporting our client sponsored drug discovery projects.
- Design and interpret data from chemoproteomic capture experiments
- Prepare and analyse samples from complex biological matrixes.
- Run and maintain LC-MS equipment.
Education: B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, related discipline or the equivalent work experience.
Experience: Previous experience and first-hand knowledge of using proteomics approaches, prior lab experience in an industrial or core service proteomics facility.
Certification/ Licensure: None
Other: Knowledge of proteomic data processing packages such as: MaxQuant and Proteome Discoverer.