This job is currently Archived,
Proteomics Core Facility Manager - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- The Proteomics Core Facility at the Department of Biotechnology and Bio medicine has an opening for a position as operational manager.
- The position will be available from September 2017.
- The university Proteomics Core is a very well equipped academic proteomics core facility and supports scientists in their research by providing a wide range of proteomics services using various platforms for protein and peptide separation, state-of-the-art mass spectrometers for LC-MS analysis and specialized bioinformatics tools for data analysis.
- The facility provides service and engages in collaborations with a focus on advanced label-based and label-free quantitative proteomics and targeted proteomics workflows as well as single and intact protein analyses.
- Currently, the facility runs three Thermo Orbitrap mass-spectrometers (Fusion, Q Exactive) and a Bruker Ultraflex II MALDI system and will soon be upgraded with an instrument of the latest generation to support all modern proteomics approache
Primary areas of responsibility
- The position implies daily supervision of all aspects of the core facility functioning.
- The manager is responsible for managing staff, maintaining equipment, developing and following standard operating procedures, developing and maintaining customer connections and running the projects.
- The future of the university Proteomics Core will be significantly influenced by the professional contribution of the applicant.
- The successful candidate will be involved in important biotechnological, biomedical and chemical projects.
- The manager will also contribute to training activities, including giving technical introductions to the customers, as well as supervision of visiting students and postdocs. Own research in technological developments in proteomics will be strongly encouraged.
- Applying for own research grants is not obligatory but highly recommended.
Our expectations of you
- Candidates should have a PhD or equivalent.
- For this position, a service-oriented personality as well as a high social competence are essential.
- The ideal candidate has a strong background in mass spectrometry and proteomics, as well as excellent understanding of the technology involved, including liquid chromatography, high-resolution mass spectrometry, bioinformatics and related software.
- The applicant should possess at least a core understanding of biochemistry, molecular biology, and biotechnology and be familiar with typical proteomics tasks.
- Organizational, managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills are of particular importance.
- The ideal applicant must have strong motivation and excellent work ethics.
- The ability to effectively interact with the research and technical staff within the group as well as external researchers in a team-oriented manner is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of English is essential as this is the working language.
What we offer in return
- We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation and scientific advice for the benefit of the surrounding community.
- We place emphasis on a high level of professionalism among our staff, so skills development is an integral part of our organization.
- We offer a great flexibility in the position. In the area of technical and natural sciences, our university is one of the leading research and education institutions in Europe.
- In recent years, our university has been working concertedly to professionalize management.
- Our university Leadership Role is based on four cornerstones: academic management, resource management, Performance-enhancing HR management and strategic management. Moreover, self-management and university' s values constitute the central parameters for these four disciplines.
- All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
- The Department of Biotechnology and Bio medicine conducts research, educates future bio-engineers, provides scientific advice and innovate within the areas of microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology and bio medicine.
- The research at our Bio-engineering is at the highest international level and focuses on the societal and scientific challenges within the field.
- Research is conducted within three main areas: Microbial ecology and physiology, Industrial biotechnology and cell factories, and Bio-medicine and health.
- The department has extensive collaboration with national and international research units and industries.
- Our university has approx. 150 employees, of which 2/3 is scientific staff.
- It is a technical university providing internationally leading research, education, innovation and scientific advice.
- Our staff of 5,800 advance science and technology to create innovative solutions that meet the demands of society; and our 10,300 students are being educated to address the technological challenges of the future.
- It is an independent academic university collaborating globally with business, industry, government, and public agencies.