Protein Production Unit Technician - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Sanitize animal rooms, enclosures, equipment, corridors and support areas using appropriate techniques to promote animal health and welfare and to comply with regulations and company policies. Provide nutrition to animals by supplying feed and water.
- Organize and maintain animal enclosures, supplies, and equipment
- Assess animal health status by gathering and documenting data and observing animals. Administer treatments, euthanize animals. Initiate and maintain records as prescribed by standard operating procedures.
- Maintain records by collecting and recording data to facilitate management of the facility.
- Monitor equipment and environment by obtaining, documenting, and comparing data against established standards. Troubleshoot problems as necessary, referring issues requiring outside service to the Facility Supervisor. Perform non-routine and routine maintenance and ensure proper operation of equipment and machinery.
- Handle and restrain animals by using appropriate techniques to allow for care and research to be performed in a safe and humane manner
- Provide weekend and / or holiday animal care as needed.
- Cross-train in all areas of the facility and provide coverage on an as-needed basis.
- Providing on-going compliance with policy and procedures.
- Oversee packaging of waste materials sent out for incineration to ensure proper procedures are followed. Receive and properly process incoming shipments of supplies and materials.
- Prioritize safety with a proactive mindset.
- Participate in the Integrated Management System.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- One or more years of experience working in a Laboratory Animal Facility or performing related work in similar environment.
- No un-managed allergies to animals.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas