Protective Apparel Design and Manufacturing Engineer (m/f) - Luxembourg
- You will develop innovative single use chemical protective and controlled environment apparel product solutions.
- Your responsibility will be the product development from design and prototyping to achieving market maturity and ensuring that performance specifications and manufacturing objectives including cost targets are met.
- In close collaboration with marketing and sales you will understand customer applications and requirements and support end-user wear trials
- You will supervise and collaborate with external service providers including consultants, test institutes, and production facilities.
- One of your goals will be to work on manufacturing technologies to enhance overall product performance and quality
- Master Degree in Engineering of Apparel Design and Manufacturing Technology or equivalent
- Experience in apparel industry and with bulk production (preferred 3 years´)
- Profound knowledge/expertise in product design, -fit, apparel construction, and product costing
- Good understanding of normative requirements and experience in dealing with external testing laboratories and certification institutes will be a plus
- Fluent in English and at least one other language (German will be a plus)
- Required proficiency in MS Office and Product Data Management systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written and ability to collaborate effectively cross functional and between regions with all levels of the organization
- Advanced skills in problem solving and managing multiple projects simultaneously, delivering against milestones
- Demonstrated strong technical innovative and creative mindset combined with a well-organized and detail oriented work attitude.
- This job will require up to 25% travel.