Promotion Optimization Project Leader Job Gwynedd United States,
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The position of Promotion Optimization Project Leader requires the development of data-driven, profit-maximizing recommendations concerning the allocation and targeting of promotional resources through the application of quantitative methods to secondary data sources.
Primary activities and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promotion response modeling and Promotional resource allocation assessments
- Impact assessment for physician- and patient-directed promotional programs
- Market Mix analysis
- Return-on-investment analysis
- Behavioral segmentation
- Functions as a Project Leader
- Responsible for all phases of planning & executing projects assigned by manager.
- Ability to work autonomously on a project
The Primary Activities include:
- Directly influence decisions concerning the amount, allocation and targeting of promotional resources
- Projects are product-specific, including new and in-line products, and/or focused on issues spanning multiple products
- Challenged to synthesize information about therapeutic markets and their products, current marketing and sales practices, best practice marketing concepts, and pertinent market data to develop actionable promotion resource allocation recommendations
This position resides within the Promotion Optimization team within the Investment Analytics & Decision Sciences organization of US Market Operations and Strategy Realization.
- Quantative Science Degree (BA / BS)
- As a fair portion of the role will also require the development of hands on analytics and predictive solutions, the candidate must have a degree in Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Operation Research, or any Quantitative Decision field.
- Working knowledge of SAS, R and Excel are required.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and applying statistical and predictive analytics solutions along with managing the projects and client communications to solve business challenges related to Marketing and/or Sales in the pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of the Health Care or Pharmaceutical industry and experience in using various 3rd party data sources, such as IMS Exponent and/or Longitudinal Patient Level Data are necessary.
- Good communication and leadership skills are critical in order to develop, propose and convey technical concepts to business customers and executives for improved promotion allocation.
- Ability to develop concise presentations with clear recommendations to inform decisions made by Senior Leaders.
- The candidate must also have demonstrated good client and project management experience, having to manage multiple analytical projects simultaneously and foster collaboration with colleagues.
- Advanced degree (MS or above) in Statistics or Engineering or Operation Research
- Experience with Python, SQL and various analytical and data mining tools
- Experience in applying linear and non-linear optimization techniques to address business questions
- Experience with one or more of the following advanced techniques is also desirable: Bayesian data analysis, longitudinal analysis of time series cross sectional data, repeated measures modeling, Hierarchical Linear Modeling, data mining techniques, Classification and Regression Trees (CART)/ Chi-squared Automatic Interaction Detector (CHAID), and/or Discrete Choice Models
Our employees are the key to our company s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Quantitative Sciences Generic
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Quant. Sciences
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Developer, Engineer, Project Manager, Science, Sales, Technology, Engineering
Find a Job Find Candidates