A Project Specialist establishes client contract requirements, provides financial guidance to project managers, creates invoices, performs project closings/reconciliations, reviews payment history and profitability, and reviews CRM and ERP entries for accuracy.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Establishes milestone payment requirements in client contracts.
- Manages invoices associated with clients and assures that financial data is correct.
- Approves contracts (MSAs, SEs, LOIs, Cos, Ballparks) that contain a discount.
- Approves payment terms within defined guidelines.
- Creates quotes, TPs and sales orders in ERP upon signature of service estimates.
- Performs all invoicing tasks and monitors client deposits based on contract requirements.
- Provides financial guidance to project managers.
- Works with project managers to determine if change orders are needed.
- Reviews Siebel entries to confirm allocations and accuracy.
- Works with applicable personnel to resolve basic to moderately complex discrepancies in contracts, CRM, ERP or other documents/systems.
- Updates CRM and ERP as needed.
- Prepares responses to internal request for financial information.
- Reviews work-in-process (WIP).
- Participates in project team meetings.
- Assists in generating and reviewing project team metrics.
- Assists with collection issues.
- Conducts cost analysis with management assistance as needed.
- Performs project closing/reconciliation when necessary.
Essential Job Requirements:
Bachelors degree in related field with 4+ years of related experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, CRM and ERP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Strong level of initiative and flexibility.
- Strong communication skills.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel when needed.
- Ability to work in teams and independently as needed.
Certifications - None required.
Supervision Received: General
Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments. May seek management direction for problems of diverse and/or complex scope.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Environment and Protective Equipment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform the job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.