Project Manager Small Molecules/Pharmaceuticals - Belgium We are looking for an individual with HPLC experience. In this role there will be a strong emphasis on people management.
Project is currently here
We are an independent laboratory group active in healthcare and lifescience. We play a role in both laboratory medicine, focused on doctor and patient, and in the pharmaceutical development process. In view of the expansion of our pharmaceutical laboratory, we are looking for a Project Manager Small Molecules/Pharmaceuticals.
To understand everything about the job, you will first work in the laboratory for about 3 months. Afterwards you will take on the role of Project Manager.
You work in close cooperation with the sales team. After the first customer contact, you will provide input to the responsible Account Manager so that he/she can make the customer an accurate offer. Once the customer accepts the offer; you build the project plan and you manage budgets, resources and equipment. Although you will not directly be responsible for sales, you will be in daily contact with customers. You listen to their feedback and try to understand their needs so that we can always continue to optimize our services. You control and validate all analyses carried out by your team, you write the final reports and you communicate results to the customers.
The small molecules team currently consists of 40 analists and 5 Project Managers and is looking for an additional Project Manager. The analists report to the Project Managers; in this role there is a big focus on people management so we are looking for someone with excellent people and coaching skills. This business unit already exists for a long time and the relationships we have with our customers are true partnerships. You will get the opportunity to work for many different customers.
Work from home: Not Allowed
No. of Positions: 1
Skills and Expertise
Field of study
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master or PhD in a scientific discipline (pharmaceutical sciences, bioengineering, analytical chemistry) and relevant professional experience in the industry.
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Hands-on lab experience in an analytical environment is a must
- Experience with HPLC is crucial
- Knowledge of GMP, method development and validation in pharmaceutical development are an asset
- You are a troubleshooter, born to plan and organize
- You can coordinate a team and ideally you already have a first people management experience
- You are assertive and have excellent
- You are good in managing time and budgets
- You are a good communicator
- Excellent English and professional level of Dutch are a requirement
You are living in the proximity of the lab or you are willing to move to the area.
What we offer
We offer the opportunity to be part of an established laboratory group with a familiar atmosphere and a flat hierarchy where everybody can easily be approached.
People are our most important asset so we invest in learning opportunities for our employees and we are flexible when it comes to working hours because we find it important that you can find your balance between work and your private life.
We have our own park; ideal if you like to run, walk or just take a break in a green environment.