Project Manager, PerkinElmer Genetics - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The purpose of this position is to provide project management for all clinical and administrative aspects of the laboratory.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages projects and programs to include all aspects of planning, implementation, and completion according to best practices
- Develops and executes project plans, milestones and budgets taking into account the project scope and quality requirements
- Ensures that customer and business requirements are fulfilled in projects
- Produces and updates specific documents to support Design and Approval reviews, and other project related documentation
- Manages day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of projects
- Gives timely and appropriate communication of project status according to established practices
- Manages collaboration between external study sites, customers and partners, and between other companies and research organizations
- Serves as a key project representative in various meetings and situations
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors, senior management and peers
- Ensures cross-functional involvement in product and program development promoting ownership and responsibility of various tasks
- Ensures roles and responsibilities of core team members are clear
- Motivates and coaches team members to become an efficient team, including performance feedback
- Leads problem solving situations efficiently
- Performs conflict management
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Site Leader.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in a physical science or Medical Technology.
- Required: 5 years of experience leading projects in a clinical laboratory.
- Predominately an office environment with some duties requiring the individual’s presence in the laboratory.
- The employee may be required to work shifts other than daylight depending upon the needs of the laboratory. Weekend rotation may be required.
- Occasionally, the employee may be required to travel.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the facility. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.