This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 30 May 2017
- Our company is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive, defense, aerospace and rail sectors.
- We work in close collaboration with vehicle manufacturers and suppliers around the world, providing comprehensive support ranging from individual product tests to turnkey engineering design, development and build programmes.
- With over 70 years experience in developing some of the world s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
- The Programme Management Function is a high performing team of dedicated project and programme managers with responsibility for a very diverse landscape of portfolios, projects and programmes spanning the whole of our company's capability.
- The function is also responsible our corporate project management methodology, governance and processes.
- We are now looking to recruit a Project Manager to join our busy team.
Essential experience for this role would include:
- Specific experience of project delivery in a dynamic multi-function, cross industry engineering business, with an international client basis
- Ability to lead other Project Managers, Engineers or Administrators and cross functionally with support functions and suppliers in a matrix organisation
- Demonstrated capability to develop best practice project and proposal delivery processes and implementation of associated tools
- Ability to influence strategic direction
- Able to use programme metric tools (Project or Prince2. Finance KPI tools, excel etc)
Desirable experience for this role would include:
- Typically 1 to 5 years of Project Management experience
- Project management of collaborative research projects e.g. Innovate UK
- Experience of highly technical, automotive or defence programmes min of one attribute required
- Defence ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) e.g. maintenance planning, supply and equipment support, training and technical data
Essential skills for this role would include:
- Creates and maintains project operating principles / project execution strategy ie defines and manages project processes eg contract scope (incl changes), deliverables, gateways, risks, team organisation, approvals
- Actively manages and maintains the master schedule, project financials and provides weekly/monthly statements to the business
- Responsible for project team; structure, ensuring right team and skills in place, developing team working. Works with technical lead to get the correct technical resource allocated to the project
- Sets and chairs key internal and external project reviews eg gateways
- Prime non-technical interface with the customer/stakeholder
- Ensures adherence with company and customer processes and policies and application of best practise Programme Management process incl reporting via project documentation / business system data
- Responsible for risk management incl contingency and H&S
- Ability to maximise project efficiency and thus profit
- Implementation of new and improved Programme Management processes and adopt current ones
- Contribute to the strategic direction of Programme Management
- Support company key global initiatives
Desirable qualifications for this role would include:
- APM (preferable APMP)
- MS Project
Find a Job Find Candidates