Project Manager – Field Project Support - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Core Job Duties:
- Take the lead role in assessing relocation opportunities as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and help coordinate bid activities from pricing and bid submission through to project initiation, execution and successful close.
- Manage and drive, with the customer Core Team, the strategy, quality, objectives, planning, and implementation of the projects including definition of the technical requirements.
- Lead customer asset inventories and project initiation data capture.
- Oversee data QA while delivering relocation projects
- Work closely with inventory/ground coordinators
- Assurance of project’s compliance aspects based on project’s and business requirements. Setting timelines, milestones and budgets.
- Have full financial and operational accountability for each project
- Establish and lead the internal operational team and customer facing operational team of program stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of project specific action items and provide crisp connection to PKI back office teams.
- Monitoring progress of activities and budget against project plan. Determining, and ensuring appropriate action upon critical path tasks.
- Driving decision making, inside and outside of the team. Identifying and ensuring resolution of conflicts and problems.
- Continuously seeking process improvement and implementation. Ensuring quality and compliance throughout the development process.
- Ensuring scope consistency of project throughout the development process.
- Establishing agreed risk management plan.
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels to provide full transparency throughout the project.
- Participate in standard internal reporting forums, escalating project issues, project updates, accomplishments, risks, future actions.
- Identify opportunities for process and quality improvements.
- High expectation to participate in sharing of lessons learned and best practices for all project implementation activities.
- Successful candidate must possess “a leadership presence” at all times, but most especially, during remote/conference call meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Management; Master’s in Business Management preferred. (PMI Certification recommended).
- PM certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP, PRINCE2) recommended.Mandatory after 1 year in position.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in business environment.
- Project Management or Process Development experience.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and motivated.Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with customer interaction.
- Relevant experience in relocation activities preferred.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and various levels of professionals.
- Excellent teaming skills; an upbeat, collegial, can-do attitude is a “must have”
- Proven operational strength to visualize, identify and implement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a strong bias for action.
- Track record of developing, executing, and driving planned initiatives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, word, power point and Project.
- Ability to work from home.
- Travel as required, likely 25% - 30%.