Project Manager-Must have Pharmaceutical domain background - United States
PerkinElmer is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets. The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and support of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: West Point, PA
Type of Assignment: Fulltime
- To lead, manage and provide planning and execution direction in multiple, variable scale Computer System Validation and Instrument Qualification Projects on a global basis, while contributing in process development, improvement and implementation, as well as new business development support.
- Cross training for all other One Source Professional Services projects expected.
Core Job Duties:
- Manage and drive quality, objectives, planning, and implementation of the projects including definition of the technical requirements.
- Assurance of project’s compliance aspects based on project’s and business requirements.
- Setting timelines, milestones and budgets.
- Monitoring progress of activities and budget against project plan.
- Determining, and ensuring appropriate action upon critical path tasks.
- Driving decision making, inside and outside of the team.
- Identifying and ensuring resolution of conflicts and problems.
- Continuously seeking process improvement.
- Ensuring quality and compliance throughout the development process.
- Ensuring scope consistency of project throughout the development process.
- Establishing agreed risk management plan.
- Establish and maintain clear communication channels to provide full transparency throughout the project.
- Establish and lead the internal operational team and customer facing operational team of project stakeholders to meet, review, and report on all aspects of project specific action items.
- Adherence to all relevant regulations and guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Business Management;
- Master’s in Business Management preferred.
- PM certification (CAPM, PMI, PMP, PRINCE2) recommended.
- Mandatory after 1 year in position.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in an FDA regulated industry, particularly in a Quality Assurance department, preferred
- Experience with SDLC, system validation, instrument qualification a plus
- Project Management or Process Development experience.
- Highly organized and motivated.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, experience with customer interaction.
- Ability to influence cross functional teams and various levels of professionals.
- Proven operational strength to visualize, identify and implement processes.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with a strong bias for action.
- Track record of developing, executing, and driving planned initiatives.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; MS Project a plus.
Benefits at PerkinElmer
Competitive base salary and incentive compensation plan / Job training and professional development / Comprehensive benefits package / Paid time off and holidays / Tuition reimbursement plan / 401(k) with match