This job is currently Archived,
Project Manager (IT) (Contractor) Emeryville United States,
Posted on : 11 July 2017
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- This position reports to the Associate Director R&D and Quality Compliance Systems and is responsible for managing business applications projects successfully.
- This position requires rich project management experience and a successful track record in delivering multiple projects in parallel.
- The Project Manager is responsible for following company s PMO and CSV framework in delivering projects.
- The Project Manager works closely with business/IT global stake holders and external partners for the smooth execution of projects.
MAJOR DUTIES OF POSITION:
- Ability to demonstrate passion for project management and a strong ability to understand business requirements and project objectives.
- Strong experience in managing business application projects (e.g. ERP, BI, CRM, SaaS Applications, Business Analytics Software, Quality Management and Document Management Systems, Clinical and R&D Applications).
- Experience in understanding and supporting business processes mapping.
- Advocates project management framework. Develops/supports tools, templates and methodology. Understanding Computer Systems Validation framework.
- Handles multiple projects in parallel. Manages scope, cost, resources and stake holders expectations to deliver projects within time and budget.
- Clarifies and communicates project objectives and success criteria. Responsible for identifying stakeholders, defining project communication plan, identifying metrics and other project specific information to the stakeholders.
- Identifies risks ahead of time and works with stake holders to mitigate the risk.
- Proactively informs team members about their activities on the projects. Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Ability to influence team members within matrix organization structure.
- Successful track records in managing vendors and external partners.
- Promotes collaborative work environment. Ability to leverage organization culture and project historical data for successful delivery of projects.
- Responsible for identifying the impact of proposed changes and leading change management efforts.
- Tracks project budgets.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Understanding and experience with IT Infrastructure project implementation is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in implementing business applications projects.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as project manager delivering multiple application projects.
- Extensive experience in leading cross-functional strategic projects. Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of various project management methodology and PMBOK framework. Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Detail-oriented with advanced analytical skills and ability to think strategically.
- BS/BA with concentration in Finance, Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, or other related technical discipline. An MS/MBA is plus; PMP certification is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities without losing focus.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize various project management and document management tools.
- Desire to promote and follow project/program management philosophies and strategies.
- Strong attention to detail, outstanding organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to influence change and build effective partnerships in a matrix environment.
- Creative problem solving and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Technology curious and brings understanding of technological trends. Uses this knowledge to bring solutions to business units.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including active listening, persuasion, and negotiation.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Strong presentation skills the ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with strong work ethics.
Find a Job Find Candidates