Project Manager II -Diagnostics - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our lab designs, manufactures, and distributes a broad range of innovative tools and services to the life science research and clinical diagnostics markets.
- Throughout its existence, our company has built strong customer relationships that advance scientific research and development efforts and support the introduction of new technology used in the growing fields of genomics, proteomics, drug discovery, food safety, medical diagnostics, and more.
- The Clinical Diagnostics Group develops, manufactures, sells, and supports a large portfolio of products for laboratory diagnostics.
- Our company is a leading specialty diagnostics company and its products are recognized as the gold standard for diabetes monitoring and quality control (QC) systems.
- Our company's clinical diagnostics products incorporate a broad range of technologies used to detect, identify, and quantify substances in bodily fluids and tissues.
- The results are used as aids to support medical diagnosis, detection, evaluation, and the monitoring and treatment of diseases and other medical conditions.
- If you have the ability to lead complex, cross-functional projects and a proven track record of successful product launches; we want to talk with you!
About the position:
- This is an exciting position that leads cross-functional teams through complex projects! If you are a highly proactive person who’s passionate about science, new product development, continuous improvement and actively working with teams to achieve business goals, this role will be exciting to you!
- The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead new product development projects from conception through commercialization phases.
- The successful candidate will be able to partner with their project teams to move products to market as quickly as possible while maintaining high standards of quality.
- A strong scientific back ground (preferably in diagnostics) and excellent communication skills (written and verbal) are mandatory.
- 5-10% international and domestic travel will be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creation, implementation and execution of project plans/timelines to achieve business goals
- Creating and maintaining project records including project and design history files
- Identifying potential project risk and guiding teams around potential obstacles
- Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks
- Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization
- Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams
- Ensuring appropriate project documentation is established to meet our QMS requirements
- 3+ years as a project manager or as an active technical member of a project team; in a highly regulated industry such as clinical diagnostics, medical devices or pharmaceuticals
- BS degree in engineering, chemistry, biology or similar scientific field
- Project Management experience in instrumentation, hardware and software is highly desirable
- Must have a strong sense of accountability
- Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization
- Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and change course with the needs of the business
- Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Knowledge of FDA/QSR and ISO 13485
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database)
- Six Sigma green belt or PMP certification; a plus