Project Manager I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Acts in support of subordinates in the administration, supervision and direction of the daily activity of all assigned contract personnel (including annual reviews, hiring, termination and promotion), using established corporate policies or through approved policies.
- Reviews and approves schedules including the assignment or reassignment of contract personnel to tasks as required by shifting workloads or priorities using deadlines established by the project officer. Develops work plans and schedules for direct reports.
- Maintains positive working relationships with investigators and technicians.
- Maintains levels of food, bedding, supplies, and equipment, chemicals and reports requests to reorder to Project Manager III.
- Observes the condition of the facility and reports any issues to Project Manager III.
- Performs all work assignments in accordance with the guidelines established by Federal, State and Local regulatory agencies.
- Trains and mentors staff when requested
- Prioritizes work and coordinates schedules for technicians
- Actively interacts with laboratory and husbandry staff as required to solve requests, inquiries, and complaints and to provide technical assistance.
- Maintains proper working order of all rodent equipment and reports all malfunctions to facility manager.
- Performs daily QA checks in each rodent animal room.
- Performs AM and PM health checks, husbandry as well as cagewash operations as needed.
- Observes animals and caging for any problems twice daily. Reports sick or dead animals to veterinary staff and Project Manager III and documents accordingly.
- Changes animal caging racks, feeders and water bottles according to the SOP and area schedule.
- Sanitizes animal areas according to the area schedule.
- Ensures that animals have appropriate feed and water daily.
- Arranges animal caging in an organized manner, therefore, easily located by research staff.
- Assures that animals are properly identified and housed.
- Uses proper techniques for handling and restraining animals.
- Performs euthanasia using correct procedure for each species.
- Updates cage cards upon protocol changes.
- Monitors over weight and multi housed animals to ensure proper cage space requirements are being met and reports results to Project Manager III.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager III, assists with specialized care of the animals such as special feeding, medicated water and immature and aged animals.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma/ G.E.D. BS or MS Preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in a laboratory animal facility with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician level by the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science, LATG Certification within 1 year of hire.
- Other: Requires written & verbal communication skills
- Computer skills: maintaining spreadsheets, maintaining data base, word processing experience, e-mail & inter-net capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity