Project Manager - Human Resources Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The HR Operations Project Manager (PM) reports directly to the Americas Program & Transition Management Lead and is responsible for establishing and leading large, cross-functional, strategic initiatives within HR globally. PM will focus on end to end management of regional or global business process transitions within Merck or to a preferred supplier (HR Outsourcing). This individual will work closely with key stakeholders across various HR groups, regional/global HR service centers, IT, and preferred suppliers.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directly accountable for the planning, orchestrating, and delivering of key business initiatives; candidate will have experience with the development of project charters, project plans, and risk planning.
- Leads large-scale, complex projects that often involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Rigorously manages deliverables to balance business objectives, stakeholder needs, cost, and timelines.
- Develops communications plans that align to business objectives, project timelines and meet stakeholder needs
- Drives solid risk management planning (risk identification, analysis, response planning, monitoring, and control), including escalation as necessary.
- Utilizes MS Project in order to identify key milestones, develop appropriate timelines, and formally track all project progress until completion.
- Represents the project in various settings, both within the project and across the organization
- Promotes team collaboration and effectiveness across countries, regions, and time zones
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimun of 3 years experience leading large, cross-functional projects
- Minimum of 3 years experience working with formal project management tools (MS Project) and processes
- Experience leading global project teams and virtual settings
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Highest levels of integrity, character, and professionalism
- Experience leading HR Outsourcing projects
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- PMP certification
- Professional Skills:
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, resolve conflict, and deliver tough messages with grace
- Ability to operate and deliver with ambiguity
- Stakeholder influencing skills
- Sound business acumen
- Ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Experience with stakeholder management
- Ability to navigate a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Ability to manage diverse teams to maximize performance and accomplish business outcomes
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization with clarity and precision both written and verbally
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Strong MS Office skills – Project, Power Point, Excel, Word
- Demonstrate the highest levels of integrity, character, and professionalism
- Delegate work activities and maintain team motivation and engagement
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Shared Services
Job Title:Sr. Specialist, Shared Services HR
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Other Locations: NA-US-NC-Charlotte, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Project Manager, HR, HR Manager, Lean Six Sigma, Manager, Technology, Human Resources, Management