This job is currently Archived,
Project Manager Biopharma IT Basel Switzerland,
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to plan, manage and coordinate enterprise software implementation and integration projects with our biopharma customers in our Biologics business unit. The Project Manager is expected to effectively manage complex implementation projects, track project budgets & forecasts, lead & facilitate project communication, as well as proactively control project scope, risks, and issues as they arise.
- In our project driven organization, this position is at the interface between the internal development, professional services and consultancy teams and our customers. You will work with customers through all phases of the implementation cycle.
- You will act as the primary interface for our customer s project managers and manage, from project inception to completion, the execution of all project activities together with our customer s project team and stakeholders and company s delivery teams.
- Typical projects include enterprise software implementations with several hundred users across multiple sites and departments and involve system setup and integration, software development, biopharma workflow and other business process analysis, requirements analysis and engineering, solution design and specification, technology transfer, user and admin training, and IT operational services.
- Internally, the Project Manager will orchestrate the work of the professional service and business teams, ensure the quality of implementations, guarantee adherence to budget and time lines, create detailed project plans, provide customer feedback to the project delivery teams and product management, and support the sales process with expertise in customer presentations and demonstrations.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Oversee and coordinate enterprise system implementation projects
- Undertake system deployment and implementation projects, including system integration and configuration, data migration, and rollout support
- Advise on system implementation, architecture, and integration strategies
- Coordinate with company s scientific, technical, and business teams
- Work closely with a host of cross-functional partners and stakeholders, IT partners, and others, to evaluate new or changing business requirements
- Have responsibility for proactive project communication, documentation, and reporting with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements
- Anticipate and actively manage project risk
- Organize end-user and admin training
- Conceptualize, develop, recommend, and implement service projects and support the negotiation of client business agreements
- Create documents to support decision making on project funding/approval
- You have a successful track record of implementing and integrating enterprise software systems, preferably in the life science industry, where you have demonstrated competence for self-motivated and independent work as part of interdisciplinary teams and functions.
- You possess the ability to interact productively with scientists, managers, and IT experts both internally and externally.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are an experienced presenter.
- You are fluent in English; business proficiency in German or French is a plus.
- Since our customers are mainly within biopharmaceutical R&D, you should have knowledge of the pharmaceutical research and development process and ideally familiarity with biopharma R&D, including antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, bioprocess development and CMC, biopharma production and analytics, and laboratory automation.
- An advanced degree in computer or life sciences or experience in either the software, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industries are definite advantages.
- Our company is an exceptional company. With nearly two decades of success in research informatics using closely-knit teams of scientists, developers and business experts, our company has achieved steady and continuous growth since inception
- As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution.
- Our collective expertise in research informatics, combined with our open and scalable computational solutions, makes us the leading software provider in discovery informatics for biotech, pharmaceuticals, and related life sciences.
About Biologics!" Business Unit
- With award-winning platforms and deep domain expertise, company solutions boost the efficiency, throughput, and quality of large-molecule R&D.
- Our platforms support the entire biologics workflow, from screening, protein engineering and optimization, expression, purification, MS characterization, analytics and QC, and developability assessment to upstream and downstream process development and drug formulation.
Find a Job Find Candidates