Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review superintendents' performance and make formal evaluations.
- Make education and training recommendations for the superintendents and all other field personnel. Promote development of leadership skills of all project managers and foreman.
- In charge of construction operations, including utilization of company's crews, equipment, and plant capacity. See that company's tools and equipment are not abused or lost carelessly. Provide maintenance personnel with equipment repair priority.
- Advise and assist Division Manager in hiring, training, directing, reviewing, and terminating salaried persons. Monitors hiring, disciplining, and terminating field equipment operators and laborers.
- Work directly with the Division Manager to develop, communicate, and enforce personnel policies.
- See that company personnel actively carry out the company's Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy. Assure that the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise commitments made by company are met.
- Assist in the development of company safety policy and rules. Ensure that they are carried out in the field. Require and monitor the folding of weekly safety meetings. Ensure that accident reports are promptly completed.
- Coordinate flow of quantities and information between field and accounting department to ensure that company is promptly paid for work completed.
- Coordinate field quality control.
- Maintain subcontractor relations, and coordinate subcontractors.
- Maintain working relationship with owners/engineers.
- Establish long-term production goals, and monitor subordinates' weekly production goals.
- Monitor equipment hours and utilization.
- Ensure compliance with all documentation procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with Company estimators
Attend meetings, including the following:
- Owners' pre-construction.
- In-house pre-construction prior to project initiation.
- Weekly operations review.
- Tailgate meetings, as appropriate.
- Monthly financial review - accuracy of information, dollars, quantities, pay estimate.
- Post job critique.
Planning / Scheduling:
- Review overall Critical Path Method (CPM) project schedule with the project superintendent.
- Review foreman/superintendent weekly plans and alternative work. Approve resource usage.
- Conduct job site status reviews.
- Oversees updating of CPM schedules on a monthly basis.
- Identify significant events and initiate top management presence, i.e., Group Manager, Division Manager, etc.
- Engineering or Construction Degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5 years experience / knowledge of construction, design, finance and management
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
For nearly six decades, Primoris has built a reputation for taking on challenges that others will not – setting the bar ever higher for ourselves and our industry with each project. Now, as we build a sustainable infrastructure that supports the growing needs of the nation – and the world – we reaffirm innovation, quality, service, and safety as our core values. And we remind ourselves that the pioneering spirit of yesteryear fuels the imagination of today.
Primoris Services Corporation (PSC) is ranked in the top 10% of the prestigious Top 400 Contractors List by Engineering News Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the United States as well as Latin America, South and Central America, and South East Asia.
We build great projects because we have built a great company – and insist on great performance.