Project Leader (Therapeutic Area group) - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- In the area of auto-immune or fibrosis, the Project Leader drives the projects to success, acting from target discovery up to pre-clinical candidate delivery.
- This role operates in a matrix environment and matches (orchestrates) the activities of several departments, ranging from in vitro through in vivo pharmacology, to an optimized project testing cascade.
- The Project Leader will also be involved in research activities for projects that entered clinical phases and in external academic and industrial collaborations.
- The Project Leader is also expected to assist in building an up-to-date knowledge environment, allowing to design a competitive strategy to address specific diseases.
- Leading internal or partnered drug discovery projects (small molecules or antibodies) in the area of Immune-inflammation or Fibrosis.
- Delivering against pre-set objectives.
- Building a productive and trust-based collaboration with the company functions.
- Providing high-quality scientific support to the Development team, with emphasis on Translational activities.
- Participating in external collaborations.
- Contributing to the establishment of a knowledge environment around assigned diseases by attending congresses and analyzing key literature.
- Providing key elements to map the competitive environment and support optimal target selection.
- PhD in science with several years’ experience in in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of the drug discovery process supported by a demonstrated track record of participation in drug discovery projects.
- Solid knowledge of in vitro and in vivo pharmacology.
- Solid knowledge of target validation processes.
- Knowledge of translational concepts (the use of disease and target biomarkers)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Talented in organizing and planning.
- Creative and critical thinker. Able to correctly evaluate important information in field- related literature.
- Scientific expertise in inflammation, autoimmunity or fibrotic processes is an important advantage.
- Knowledge of Translational concepts (use of target and disease biomarkers) is a plus