Project Leader - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- As part of the company global manufacturing community, company's Manufacturing Business Center plays a key role in the development and manufacture of new, sophisticated medical and industrial products. Working with colleagues in Europe, the USA and Japan, our multi-disciplinary team of R&D engineers is fully equipped with the latest computer-aided design and modelling technologies, to enable them to develop medical workstations and fluid management products & accessories, and industrial Remote Visual Inspection devices.
- Producing world class products in terms of Quality, Cost and Delivery isn't just desirable, it's essential.
- Therefore, in today's fast moving, ever changing world, we continue to invest in both our people and the latest equipment and processes to remain at the forefront in manufacturing technology.
- Plan and manage the projects to meet Product time-to-market and cost targets to the agreed standards
- Lead, manage and motivate the Project Team to achieve goals
- Present regular progress reports, and escalate any issues for resolution to Senior Management
- Create project schedules covering the complete project lifecycle
- Initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control activities
- Identify and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Create and maintain project risk management registers, issue logs and CI logs
- Identify and maintain resource demand requirements to contribute to effective task management across the department
- Ensure strict adherence to project governance is maintained at all times
- Produce accurate project estimates of material costs, obtain necessary approval for this expenditure and manage the actual spend against the approved limit
- Identify improvements to existing processes and practices
- Assist Functional Managers with input for staff annual performance review
- Work with the functional managers to ensure that all members of project team receive adequate product training to support the business needs
- Work with the functional managers to plan future staff, skill and tool requirements
- Objectively review overall project performance against company quality, cost and delivery KPIs
- Manage Engineering Change Requests, Technology Development Projects, Technology Research Projects and Continuous Improvement projects
- Project manager/leader with proven experience working within R&D/new product development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; confident in front of project teams and senior management
- Strong leadership, team coach and facilitator, a builder and empower of people
- Proficient in the use of related tool (e.g MS Office, Powerpoint, Project)
- Generating ideas and selecting the best way forward according to requirements
- Problem solving
- Development of Medical Devices (preferred)
- Working in a highly regulated and audited environment
- Leadership & responding to change
- Problem solving, creativity& decision making
- Project management