Project financial controller / Middle-East projects H/F - United Arab Emirates
Bertin Technologies (company)
EntityThe CNIM Group offers a great variety of solutions for the main stages of the treatment cycle for household and industrial waste and for biomass, within the framework of the environmental strategies implemented by public authorities, local communities and public service delegates in charge of waste management.
The Group is one of the major European specialists in waste-to-energy conversion, an essential waste management solution that is respectful of the environment and that is part of a multi-channel process which is characterised by the complementy nature of the employed methods.
CNIM's specialist fields in the environment sector are: the design and production of waste (household and industrial) and biomass treatment plants, their operation, and flue gas treatment.
Reference number2017-CG Projets-MO-1075
Finance / Accounting / Audit / Fiscal - Management services manager/Internal controller
Project financial controller / Middle-East projects H/F
Positions and relations:
The Project Financial Controller reports directly to the Business Division Financial Controller, but is also a business partner for the Project Director.
The Project Financial Controller is in relation with :
- Business Division Director, Project Director, Heads of productive departments, Purchasers.
- Financial department: group tax expert, group treasurer, consolidation and reporting team, accounting department, financial officers of subsidiaries, group Chief Financial Officer
- Group support functions: human resources department, IT department, legal team
- External auditors and consultants
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Financial Controller is present from the beginning until the end of the project, and contributes to the accomplishment of the long term contracts, in the best possible financial conditions. She/he:
1. Lists and quantifies the risks associated with the realization of long-term contracts
2. Puts into place a reliable forecast process, together with the Project Director
3. Justifies her/his chosen options at each closure, together with the Project Director
4. Seeks result and treasury optimizations
5. Alerts immediately her/his superiors after noticing any failing process in the review of the risks, or in the review of the sale price and costs…
6.Once the project is achieved, makes a feedback to the quotation, realization, and financial teams of the Business Division, in order to increase the efficiency of financial control for coming projects.
First 3 to 6 months in France (La Seyne-sur-Mer or in Paris or Lyon with regular trips to La Seyne-sur-Mer, Var (83). Then based in Middle East area.
Business School or University degree in Financial, Accounting, or Business Management/Administration or Superior Accounting degree (DEC/DSCG) or Engineering School Degree, with a specialization in Business and Financial Administration.
At least 5-year experience in cost/financial control, knowledge of long-term contracts is an advantage.
• English is a must (working language)
• Strong skills in Excel and data bases, Knowledge of Oracle is an advantage
• Good accounting knowledge. Strong rigor and ability to make concise and clear reports
• Strong analytical skills and ability to criticize given data and information
• Ability to organize and plan actions
• Strong ethics
• Proactivity and reactivity. Persuasiveness, implication and perseverance
• High relation skills, curiosity for technical issues
• Ability to work in a team environment, with the Project team, the group Financial team, and the whole Business Division team.
Middle-East/North Africa, United Arab Emirates
5-year university degree
5 to 10 years