Project Director - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Greater Los Angeles, CA Area
The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, “JOY and FUN,” we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. “HORIBARIANs,” the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Automotive Test Systems is a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just the world's leading supplier of emissions testing systems, HORIBA ATS is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability.
Our North American Automotive Test Systems group is searching for an experienced professional to provide leadership on our west coast project delivery and customer support operation. If you have experience managing large projects from beginning to end and motivating a team to accomplish project deliverables on time, within budget and that delight customers, please keep reading to learn more.
- Establish and oversee HORIBA Automotive Test Systems West Coast project delivery and support operation, based in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Provide executive leadership for major projects; overseeing project delivery and post-delivery support teams.
- Build-up and lead local project management, engineering, commissioning and service team.
- Accountable for project delivery performance (deliverables, schedule, and cost), efficient operational performance of delivery and support team, and fulfill a strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Support west coast sales and business development activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar technical field
- 10+ years’ related industry experience, including 5+ years in a leadership role.
- Knowledge and experience in leading and delivering complex, ‘turn-key’ projects (complex capital equipment specification, delivery, installation, commissioning, and training)
- Ability to interface with client architects, construction managers and system integrators,
- Experience with building and leading project teams (direct staff, contract support, outside vendors).
- Knowledgeable in automotive vehicle test equipment, procedures and workflow.
- Excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short- and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume to HR@horiba.com