Responsible for development and maintenance of a study from initial inquiry notification (Client Services, marketing, navigator services, etc.) to study award. Coordinate with Client Services, Finance, Operations, supporting labs, vendors, subcontractors, and consultants to ensure accurate proposal costing and logistics. Partner with Client Services and Finance to ensure accurate maintenance of inquiries and forecasting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop the suggested selling price (SSP) for potential new business by initiating and building the study costs utilizing templates in SAP.
- Coordinate with Operations, supporting labs, vendors, subcontractors and consultants to ensure accurate costing of projects.
- Prepare, coordinate, and maintain critical milestone dates for execution of the study. Update and maintain all dates/units in SAP.
- Manage changes and cost adjustments in SAP as communicated by Client Services, Operations or as necessary for accurate costing.
- Provide feedback/suggestions on template structure/content and necessary updates.
- Assist in monitoring procedural metrics to determine accuracy and relevance to study type and operation processes.
- Monitor, make recommendations, and develop solutions for any roadblocks that would inhibit a milestone date being met (i.e., changes of work scope, material shipment delays, availability of study related inventory and equipment).
- Communicate changes per sponsor requests to affected departments with agreement from Client Services. Verify that required resources are available per the proposed study design changes. Ensure any schedule impact is reported to Client Services in conjunction with scheduling/procurement personnel.
- Verify with Client Services that cost changes have been communicated to the sponsor and approved.
- Coordinate with Client Services and Finance to ensure inquiries are maintained accurately in SAP.
- Provide reports and metrics as needed.
- Maintain and update databases and or other tools as required.
- Observe study related activities with the technical staff and become familiar with study related processes as needed.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in biological sciences, business management or related discipline required. Advanced educationpreferred.
- Experience: 1-2 years related experience in project management in a laboratory or research environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Other: Working knowledge of SAP applications preferred. Ability to multi-task, excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail. Possess analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Ability to prioritize and re-evaluate priorities as situations change. Working knowledge of computer software (MS Office, MS Project, Excel and database experience preferred), knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet