This job is currently Archived,
Project Controls Manager, Capital Projects - United States
Posted on : 02 June 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases.
- We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Our company's Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market.
- These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain our company’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
- The Project Controls Manager will oversee the direction of a project controls team or function within the global Engineering group.
- Develops and implements the project controls business development plans and activities.
- Responsible for managing project controls and ensuring that established procedures for baseline schedule and cost control budgets are implemented consistently.
- Monitors project progress, tracks actual expenditures and reports monthly cost forecasts/reports.
- Analyzes status data and trends, presenting monthly reviews to management. Has overall responsibility for project cost control, project cost management and management of project controls both in-house and contracted project controls professionals.
- Leads the development, implementation, management and continuous improvement of Project Controls processes, methodologies, procedures and services, including but limited to:
- Cost management, estimating, forecasting, Cost Report and Cost Variance Analysis; Cash Flow Report and Variance Analysis;
- Schedule Report and Schedule Variance Analysis; project risk management;
- Project Change Management Procedure; Project Controls progress reports and project dashboard reporting.
- Collaborates with the Capital Project Management and Finance teams to monitor capital projects and project reviews for all stages of capital projects, from proposal development, project development, execution, monitoring and controlling through project close out.
- Actively engages in Capital Projects Portfolio Management, participates in process improvement initiatives, adoption of new technologies and standardizing platforms.
- Reports to the Capital Projects Portfolio Management on pipeline, backlog, project status, and staff planning, including: project financials, schedule status, issues, potential risks and mitigation and proactively communicates with the Capital Project Management team on cost control issues.
- Utilizes project management systems and tools to update and manage project budgets, schedules, commitments, expenditures, risk analysis and forecasts.
- Provides project administrative support to analyze and solve complex problems to support program, project management and project controls, including planning and scheduling, budgeting, change and claims management, cost audits, expenditure tracking, project progress, development and deployment of earned value methodology, and cost and revenue forecasting.
- Communicates variances against monthly progress and resource utilization projections - monitors project performance versus plan, and the ability to conduct what-if analysis and analyze alternative project plans.
- Ensures appropriate metrics are defined and communicated for capital projects and supports actions necessary for the successful completion of capital projects.
- Manages key project indicators and project commercial reports.
- Establishes a project work breakdown structure in line with industry best practices.
- Communicates project staffing forecasts, assignment of staff to projects, workload leveling, and sharing of resources between capital projects.
- Assists in analyzing project control requirements as part of the bid review process to ensure that cost control requirements are incorporated into individual contracts and purchase orders.
- Supervises capital project close out, documentation requirements and reviews final cost and schedule report for close out and benchmarking.
- Develops and ensures the ongoing success of a high performance team through mentoring and training. Understands and supports staff to meet the business goals of capital projects.
- Ensures that the project controls team on a project is operating according to project and quality management guidelines.
- Leads continuous improvement processes with global projects teams
- Ability and willingness to travel to an off-site location and/or accept site assignments when required.
- 10+ years of Capital Project Controls experience in the Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Degree qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or recognized technical subject, Construction Management or other construction orientated subject.
- Domestic and global experience, at a senior level, with full responsibility for the management of project controls for capital projects.
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple complex domestic and global projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, possess interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships, and have demonstrated business acumen.
- PMP registration preferred.
- MBA is a plus.
- Expert in project scheduling, cost estimating, and monitoring practices, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in project management, cost estimating, and MS office software; including Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 - experience in risk assessment software, and Primavera Risk Analysis or @Risk Project Module.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to use architect/ engineer/ construction manager cost and schedule information to evaluate project status.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.