This job is currently Archived,
Project Associate - United States
Posted on : 11 April 2017
- More than 30,000 company employees working in more than 70 countries are committed to improving quality of life for patients, who remain at the center of everything we do. Our company is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines.
- Our company focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, central nervous system and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
- While our company is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine.
- In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives.
- If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
- The Project Manager works closely with the Patient Advocacy Team to ensure development and execution of the Global Patient Advocacy Strategy key deliverables.
- The Project Manager will work closely with members of the global patient advocacy team to support specific activities, including operational support for the systematic planning and execution of projects to include submission and tracking to SAP, HCPES, GEAR.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of various project activities related to the execution of Global Patient Advocacy strategies, overseeing the progress of specific projects by identifying critical steps, highlighting dependencies, mitigating risks of project completion and communicating project-related issues to appropriate members of the team.
- Manage projects and tracking tools to identify potential resource/timing issues; propose solutions in a timely manner.
- Manage the logistics of the Global Patient Advocacy meetings, plan appropriate meeting schedules and ensure communication of all meeting plans to appropriate teams.
- Facilitate the Global Patient Advocacy team operations related to projects; ensure smooth operations of team activities, including calendar planning, distributing agendas, handouts, presentation slides, etc. ahead of meetings.
- Create and manage timelines for the development of relevant Global Patient Advocacy deliverables; track budgets for relevant deliverables and associated activities.
- Capture meeting outcomes, distribute meeting minutes, and determine next steps related to the project to ensure cross-functional communication and coordination of action items.
- Communicate effectively with global partners in an appropriate and useful time frame.
- Communicate Global Patient Advocacy activities and deliverables, both to internal and external customers.
- Submit monthly, quarterly reports for metrics/activity tracking on assigned products and programs.
- Coordinate project action from Patient Advocacy, Finance, Legal, and vendors to support the creation and adherence to budgets, master service agreements, and statements of work related to Global Patient Advocacy activities and strategies.
- Responsible for contract, invoice and budget management with external consultants and service providers.
- Assist the Senior Associate in the management and execution of grants to include budget tracking, legal and financial requirements, and communication strategies.
- Support Senior Director of Patient Advocacy in continuous improvement of processes and supporting tools to determine best practices and appropriate resource needs, including budget and tools.
- Assist the Associate Directors in delivering and setting project strategy, goals, priorities and long-term plans and schedules for each functional area.
- Ability to prioritize projects within programs and therapeutic areas based on department objectives.
- Ensures personal compliance with all relevant policies, SOPs, regulations and Codes of Conduct.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in science)
- 3 years of pharmaceutical or biomedical industry experience
- 3 years of project management experience or related experience
- 1-2 years experience in invoice/budget tracking
- Project planning experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience supervising vendors
- Previous clinical research experience
- Experience working in a matrix-reporting and/or team-oriented environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and to prioritize operational needs effectively
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Problem solving - ability to recognize problems before they occur, to appropriately raise issues to management, to bring an insightful approach to problem solving, and to communicate issues to stakeholders in a mature, professional manner
- Strategic thinking - ability to approach specific issues/problems with understanding of the larger context
- Communication skills – strong ability to communicate, in writing or verbally, in an audience- and business-appropriate manner
- Strong organizational skills – ability to organize information and data from various sources in an understandable and useful manner that is consistent with department standards
- Management of multiple tasks of varied complexity simultaneously
- Presentation – ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently, or with a diverse group of individuals across various functional areas and organizations
- Ability to develop, articulate and establish processes which impact cross-functional or department processes
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-awareness, self-motivation, initiative, and attention to detail
- Limited US travel, up to 5%