Program Scientist Crop Innovation - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 20 March 2017
- Our company is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality.
- With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector.
- Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops.
- Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms.
- We work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world.
- Our company continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a skilled
- The Crop Innovation Unit of our company harbors the three functions Marketing, Sales and Crop Innovation (R&D), all three geared towards generating crop innovations and business in the non-vegetable seeds market. To boost our innovative and entrepreneurial capacity and to strengthen our team, we are looking for an ambitious
- As a Program Scientist (PS), you will initiate, realize and manage innovative and ambitious molecular breeding programs that aim to improve major plant traits.
- You will be responsible for the contract research we execute for our customers and for initiating strategic internal innovation programs.
- Through intensive interactions with breeding companies and research partners, you will define short and long term research goals that are in alignment with the company’s strategic goals.
- You will lead a team of around 8-10 research professionals.
- Also, you will work closely with Marketing and Sales to help steer our strategic innovation agenda and to acquire additional business.
- You will be part of the management team of the Crop Innovation Unit of our company and will be reporting to the VP Crop Innovation.
Your qualifications and track record
- PhD. in a relevant area (e.g. plant sciences, breeding, molecular genetics, applied genetics, molecular biology).
- Scientific expertise with demonstrated relevant experience (> 10 years) and a track record of high impact publications and/or patents.
- Provable track record with applied or strategic R&D.
- Strong and inspiring vision on innovative concepts for R&D in the field of molecular breeding and native trait development.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and result-driven research leader with solid communicative skills and working experience in a global setting.
- Entrepreneurial and customer-oriented.
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Experience in business development desired.
- Travel: approximately 10% required.
Our company offers you a dynamic and high-impact R&D leadership position with accompanying competitive remunerations, in a challenging, highly innovative and ambitious globally active research company.