Program Scientist Breeding Solutions - Netherlands
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the go-to AgBiotech company for higher crop yield & quality.
- With our intellectual capital, solution driven approach and collaborative spirit, we work for the future of global agriculture with partners in the AgriFood sector.
- Using our proprietary technologies and non-GM approaches, we support customers with the development of new and improved crops.
- Our goal is to help organizations with their toughest R&D challenges, combining our cutting edge breeding technologies, bioinformatics & data science expertise and plant-based trait platforms.
- We work in an international environment with more than 140 professionals from all over the world.
- Our company continues to strengthen its competitive position; therefore we are looking for a skilled
- Our company ’s Advanced Molecular Breeding platform comprises a powerful suite of computational tools for (complex) trait analysis, digital phenotyping, and the design of breeding strategies. Over the past years, we have built innovative methods to design and evaluate breeding strategies using phenotypic, molecular marker, and whole-genome data.
- These technologies respond to the demands of our customers to transform their breeding practices and to accelerate crop innovation.
- As a Program Scientist you will be responsible for taking the computational technologies in our Advanced Molecular Breeding platform to the next level.
- This involves: i) strategic innovation and R&D, and ii) commercial application of our current genetics and breeding technologies, in particular geared towards complex and polyploidy crop genetics. Through intensive interaction with breeding companies, you will initiate and lead contract research programs on trait analysis using quantitative genetics approaches, digital phenotyping, high-density molecular marker development, aiming to deliver practical breeding solutions.
- You will lead a team of R&D professionals with backgrounds in statistics, mathematics and quantitative genetics, and you will closely engage with bioinformatics, software developers and crop specialists within company, as well as with external partners.
- You will be part of the management team of the Bioinformatics & Modeling Department and report to the VP of the department.
- PhD in plant/animal genetics research relevant to breeding
- Strong background in statistical genetics
- Proven track record with applied or strategic R&D and innovation
- Strong ambition to develop and apply innovative breeding solutions
- Experience in the practical application of linkage analysis, GWAS and Genomic Selection
- Experienced in the analysis of large quantitative data sets, preferably in R or equivalent environment
- An ambitious, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and customer-oriented mindset is a must for this position
- Excellent communication skills in English; command of Dutch is an asset
- Our company offers a dynamic job with a competitive salary and benefits in a vibrant, highly innovative and ambitious research company.
- You will be able to work on the continuous development of our technology platforms and so contribute to our internationally recognized position in agro-biotech research.