- The Senior Manager - Information Technology position will be an IT Program Manager role responsible for managing all program activities (from Project Initiation through Close) for multiple projects in the IT Quality vertical. The Program Manager is a senior resource leading program(s) that include project/program annual spend in the range of $5-$10M, and is accountable for project/program delivery across that entire IT program.
- The Program Manager leads a matrix team of project work stream leads, technical leads, architects, functional leads and delivery partners within a program or programs. Overall responsible for the program(s)’ health and success.
- Initially the role will be focused on delivering a complex program deploying new LIMS & ELN capabilities.
- The position requires solid experience of project management in the pharmaceutical and biologic laboratory areas with a good understanding of GxP Regulations.
- The candidate will be fully accountable for successful project delivery and responsible for the overall planning, management and execution for the project.
- This project primarily serves the PO&T Quality Control Laboratories and IT organizations.
In addition the Program Manager will on an ongoing basis:
- Lead moderate to complex projects and/or programs.
- Develop & execute overall program schedule and program management plan.
- Monitor, challenge and ensure predictable delivery of projects/programs - driving accountability of work stream owners and enabling escalation of risks & issues that require assistance or attention.
- Monitor resources, either internal from associated IT Department or external are committed to meet project/program needs.
- Ensure projects/programs are delivered according to committed scope, approved budget and targeted dates.
- Ensure high level of quality in solutions is delivered.
- Lead various program governance meetings including routine core team / program office meetings as well as escalation, steering and sponsor reviews.
- Facilitate critical project/program reviews.
- Ensure all aspects of the program’s success are contemplated and addressed.
- Enable and enhance communications between matrixed IT and business teams.
- 8+ years’ experience working as an IT professional - ideally managing projects, programs and/or portfolios
- 5+ years’ experience implementing complex, cross-functional project/program solutions in GxP Laboratories and working knowledge of LIMS, ELN, and other laboratory systems
- At least 2 projects/programs working with and managing a large Systems Integration partner preferred.
- Demonstrable fluency in Project Management tools and techniques and of implementing projects within established software development life cycle methodologies.
- Demonstrable experience of transitioning new and upgraded systems into support operations - at least 2 large, multi-discipline projects.
- Quality Laboratories
- Laboratory Information Management Systems
- Electronic Laboratory Notebooks
- Systems Integrations of Lab Systems to Manufacturing Execution Systems and/or ERP Systems
- BA or BS (ideally Computer Science, Business, Chemistry and Biological Sciences, Laboratory Operations).
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred
- Formal project management qualification is preferred (PMP or similar)
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Program Manager, Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Computer Science, Management, Science, Technology