Would you like to be part of a dynamic organization which enables health care professionals to improve the lives of their patients in ophthalmology, microsurgery and other medical growth sectors?
The Program Manager is responsible for leading and managing one or more projects in R&D. This position plans and drives each project to a successful conclusion by ensuring that its objective and scope is well defined, resources are allocated appropriately and project schedules are specified accurately. Organizes and leads core team, extended team, and interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the program on schedule, within budget constraints, and with high quality.
- Leads and manages complex projects in R&D.
- Plans projects, provides direction and coordinates the efforts of team members.
- Generates and maintains development schedules. Tracks project budget.
- Manages the overall risk of the project.
- Drives to keep resources on task and on schedule, manage change, understand project risks and ensure that they get prioritized, highlighted, addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identifies and manages technical and schedule dependencies in the project and ensures that they are understood, planned for and executed against, appropriately.
- Contributes to the development of system requirements, through expertise in medical device development.
- Interacts with management in R&D, Marketing, Clinical & Regulatory Affairs, Customer Care, Operations, Quality Assurance, and Supply Chain to ensure successful product development and introductions.
- Provides regular updates to all Stakeholders on project status and progress being made.
- Contributes to improvements in product development process.
- Maintains currency of, and adhere to applicable GMP and ISO 13485 processes and procedures.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in product development.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in engineering management and/or technical lead Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced degree in Business, or technical fields. MS/MBA degree is equivalent of two (2) years experience and PhD is equivalent of five (5) years experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in medical device development.
- Understanding of either software and hardware development methodologies.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
We are an EEO/AAA/Veterans/Disabled Employer