Program Leader Crop Efficiency Traits | Fulltime - Belgium
Your tasks and responsibilities
Your challenge will be to
- Lead a multi-dimensional Discovery program with multiple projects aiming to better understand the biology and underlying genetics of yield formation in wheat.
- Generate new concepts for wheat improvement based on the generated understanding.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop the program tactics, coordinate program execution and communicate progress and results.
- Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Drive and manage a Discovery research program and deliver timely and qualitatively on agreed program milestones within budget.
- Proactively report, present and discuss content, status and progress of the research to relevant stakeholders within company Research, as well as to external audiences.
- Drive cooperation across different Research groups and collaborators such as Alliance Management, Stewardship and Intellectual Property.
- Achieve an optimal balance between activities conducted in-house and with third parties, and develop and maintain excellent third party relationships.
- Propose and manage project budgets, investments and resources.
Who you are:
- PhD or equivalent through experience, with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in research, management of multidisciplinary research programs and/or international collaborations.
- Profound scientific expertise and experience in genetics or agronomics. Hands-on expertise in wheat is highly desired.
- Advanced project management skills and up-to-date knowledge on feasibility, timelines and costs of R&D processes.
- Innovative, results-driven and open-minded towards newly emerging solutions.
- Leadership capabilities to inspire and empower a project team as well as to challenge the team members to the best of their abilities; demands accountability.
- Team player, ability to interact with any stakeholder to translate technology priorities into research projects, ability to cooperate with any other stakeholder function in R&D and beyond.
- Good communication, presentation and networking skills.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
You have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Our employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as
- Excellent salary including vacation allowance, company car, smartphone and expense allowances
- Performance bonus and year end premium
- 34 days off
- Group insurance which contains a defined contribution pension plan, life insurance and disability plan and hospitalization insurance
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organisation
- International career possibilities
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
- Personal comfort services