Program Director/Sr Director, Asset Leadership - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The (Senior) Program Director for SMA is a high-impact, hands-on leader with responsibility for significant elements of program strategy and cross-functional execution. This individual partners with the Asset Executive to drive program strategy, implementation plans, analyses and progress.
- This role requires a talented individual with experience integrating cross-functional considerations into program team initiatives and decisions.
- He or she will work closely with senior decision makers from across the company and provide leadership within the cross-functional program team.
The (Sr) Program Director will:
- Lead the development of an integrated program strategy for SMA as we expand our geographical footprint through regulatory approvals/launches and other access programs. This includes the development, commercial, and technical aspects around Named Patient sales, humanitarian aid program.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Asset team including: Create, track and update Strategic Asset Plans; Drive program goal planning and execution, Manage Asset team agendas and meetings
- Lead Filing and Launch Sequence team
- Ensure robust strategy in place for Asset’s longer term strategy (Life Cycle Management, NBS, Clinical Development team); monitor progress and keep asset team updated.
- Represent the Asset on New Born Screening team, working to ensure resources directed to advance program.
- Is responsible for issue identification, resolution and escalation
- Use financial analyses to maximize financial performance and assess business case rationale for prospective opportunities. Advocate for and allocate resources
- Alliance manager for Ionis collaboration including weekly calls, issues resolution and contract monitoring.
- Act as a central point of expertise for the asset and drive collaboration and consistency across the team
- Engage stakeholders, ensure cross-functional alignment, and facilitate communication across company
- Significant experience (10 years+) in drug development and commercialization with exceptional business acumen and executive, general management perspective.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and leadership skills, including creative, problem solving mindset
- Ability to rapidly identify key priorities, align strategic and tactical plans, and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding relationship building and communication skills, including ability to navigate throughout the organization and with individuals at all levels.
- Experience establishing and managing highly-effective external collaborations, including familiarity with contractual, financial and compliance considerations.
- Strong project management skills required
MBA and life science degree preferred
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Manager, Biotech, Program Manager, Scientific, Management, Science, Research, Engineering