- Head of Oncology (and immune-oncology) Research
- Heads of Development and Translational Research
- Head of Manufacturing Biologics (in R&D and Industry)
Main Focus and Challenges:
- Amongst other products, our company has initiated a large development and discovery program in the field of CART T Cell therapy addressing both high unmet medical needs in solid and liquid tumors.
- Our company has ongoing partnerships on this program and has already launched the first allogeneic CART T Cell trials in adults and pediatric population (UCART 19, CALM and PALL studies).
- Trials are to be expanded to US territories very soon.
- To this respect, our company is also growing its expertise in Oncology recruiting highly qualified external talents.
- The CART Cell Program Director will ensure the efficient development of CART Cell road-map activities from research to registration including life cycle aspects beyond the launch of the first product.
- He/she will be working with all functions involved in the CART Cell Program to secure the alignment to the strategy, priorities, budget and timelines.
- Contribute directly to the global CART strategy set for the company;
- Gap analysis and derisking action plan including the set-up of external partnerships needed for the program;
- Ensure know-how and lessons-learned transfer across projects within the program;
- Ensure implementation of all necessary resources and know-how across all CART program activities;
- Management of all program budget;
- Management and reporting on project portfolio within the program;
- Contribute directly to the evaluation of new in licensing opportunities in this field;
- Medical degree, preferred with PhD
- Proficient in English (French speaking/understanding is a plus and willing to learn French is key)
- MD or Phd or PharmD with a broad knowledge of Oncology (research/immunotherapy or translational/clinical or regulatory);
- More than 10 years’ experience in multidisciplinary leadership positions for drug development in industry or biotech– typical matrix program team leader (multi-assets leader);
- Understanding and know-how in cell therapy development is an asset (specifically the manufacturing component);
- Experience in co-development (with biotechnology companies, pharmaceutical companies, academic network) may help.
- Best practice perspective: develops world-class best practices that create significant competitive advantage.
- Organizational buy-in: the position requires building/ maintaining relationships with internal customers.
- Engages people: leads teamwork proactively, prioritization and coaching skills to ensure effective coordination of cross-functional teams, and best practice sharing.
- Develops and implements creative solutions that address business needs and anticipates new ones.
- Passionate and dedicated to patient’s well-being.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneur, resilient, diplomatic and sense of urgency.