This job is currently Archived,
Production Technician - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company has an exciting opportunity for a Production Technician to join our company.
- In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year.
- You will lead quality lab team activities.
- You will also be responsible for conducting various tests and recording accurate data to document field and seed lot quality.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading daily shift change team meetings.
- Analyzing harvest, receiving, and conditioning samples.
- Interacting with local crop improvement and county agricultural agencies.
- Field management activities such as scouting, stand counts, and genetic quality verification.
- Gathering data and participating with continuous improvement project teams
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
The following are required:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and one year of manufacturing/agriculture related experience
- Valid driver's license
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations desired
- Knowledge of field equipment desired
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Teamwork skills