Production Technician - United States
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 18 September 2017
DuPont Nutrition & Health has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Production Technician in Saint Joseph, Missouri.
The position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Reading and understanding computer generated batch reports and following packaging specifications.
- Verifying batch weights and quantities through mathematical calculations.
- Operating weight scales ensuring measuring accuracy to /-.3 of a pound.
- Properly and accurately signing off for raw materials retrieved, checking for foreign materials, rework generated, finished product produced, date and time completed on computer generated batch reports.
- Pulling retain samples and/or quality control samples as noted on batch report with placement in designated area.
- Accurately taking physical inventory counts of all raw materials, packaging and finished goods.
- Understanding and following procedures of the department for the proper use of all area equipment.
- The ability to recognize potential hazards, and work safely.
Occasional overtime/weekend work will be required.
Please note that job relocation will not be offered for this opportunity.
In order to be qualified for this role, the following is required:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Willing and able to lift up to 55 pounds regularly
- Ability to navigate within a computerized system
- Willing and able to work overtime, including holidays, when required
- Excellent communication skills and effective teamwork skills
- The ability to follow standard operating procedures and work safely.
The following skill sets are preferred by the site:
- Previous experience/certification operating a fork truck
- Previous experience in food manufacturing operations
- 3 years of other manufacturing or industrial experience
DuPont Nutrition & Health produces a wide variety of products under many brand names. Consumers experience our products and services every day: in yogurt that uses our dairy cultures to provide an acidic taste and pectin to distribute the fruit evenly; in nutrition bars that contain protein and fiber from our soy ingredients; in sandwich bread and cheese that contain our enzymes, emulsifiers and dairy cultures; in salad dressing that uses our stabilizers and antioxidants for perfect texture and sustained freshness.