Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position(s) is under the general direction of one of the following department’s Manager of Operations:
- Virus Antigen Production
- Bacterial Antigen Production
- Upstream Production
This position(s) could perform the following duties under strict compliance of all government and corporate safety and quality regulations / guidelines:
- Ensures quality product by knowing and maintaining company and Departmental standards and procedures.
- Perform sterile operations according to Standard Production Processes (SPPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Prepare cell and viral cultures within flasks, roller bottles in large quantities (1000+ cultures per day)
- Perform seed passages, inoculation in aseptic environment
- Sanitization or sterilization of designated areas and equipment..
- Troubleshoot and perform adjustments of equipment as required.
- Ensure all assigned equipment and components are staged for assigned operation.
- Perform machine change over's as required by the production schedule.
- Maintain documentation and other duties as assigned
Education Minimum Requirement:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Required Experience and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Math aptitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to lift 50lbs on an intermittent basis
- Strong attention to detail
- Good documentation practices
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Two years relevant manufacturing experience and a basic understanding of manufacturing procedures, techniques and equipment
- Working knowledge of cGMP and inventory control concepts strongly preferred.
- An understanding of aseptic techniques and procedures preferred.
- College degree in a relevant scientific field (biology / chemistry, life science)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Production / Operator
Job Title:Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-NE-Elkhorn
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 4
Shift (if applicable): 2nd
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Plant, Production Manager, Technician, Maintenance, Scientific, Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering