Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform entry-level laboratory procedures and assist others in more advanced procedures for the production of veterinary biologicals according to strict government and company imposed guidelines. Assists in all areas of the production of RNA (RP) Particle Vaccine products manufactured in a USDA licensed facility.
Work activities include but are not limited to:
- Production of RP products for USDA licensure
- Maintenance of Vero cell line and related cell culture activities
- Assist with electroporation process
- Assist with RP harvest and formulation
- Make growth media
- Utilization of volumetric aseptic techniques
- Final serial formulation and fill
- Maintains production records according to regulations
- Updates training record as needed
- Clean glassware/Autoclave
- Restock lab with supplies
- Perform other duties as required
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Associates Degree in Biology, Microbiology, or related science or High School diploma with 2 years relevant work experience
Required Experience and Skills:
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must have good mathematical abilities
- Must be familiar with laboratory procedures
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience in cell culture and laboratory technique preferred but not required
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- Experience following approved protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Production / Operator
Job Title:Tech, Operations
Primary Location: NA-US-IA-Ames
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 2
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: Bleach, Sodium Hydroxide
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Ames
Nearest Secondary Market: Des Moines
Job Segment: Plant, Production Manager, Technician, Industrial, Microbiology, Manufacturing, Technology, Science