Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Activities related to seed field, seed production plant, harvest, receiving, conditioning, treater operation, packaging, warehousing, returns/rework, and shipping, some general repair and maintenance, as directed by supervisor.
- Seed field activities include fertilizing, spraying, planting, scouting, field maintenance, rouging and harvesting.
- Harvest activities such as, combine operation, trucking, drying.
- Conditioning activities such as cleaner operation, spirals, gravity operation, equipment clean down and forklift operation.
- Treating activities include treater operation, bagging, palatalizing, sampling, and equipment clean down.
- Shipping/receiving, inter-plant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and bagged seed. Safe operation of fork truck.
- Compliance with Quality and Safety requirements including developing and reviewing procedures.
- Actively participate in productivity improvement projects.
- Complete and maintain appropriate records, documents, or reports such as quality, safety, grower, and inventory records.
- May regularly lead/supervise activities and seasonal staff.
- Overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks.
Education and Experience:
- Two year agricultural diploma or equivalent experience required
- Knowledge of production agriculture.
- Able to operate field equipment.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide work instructions training and supervise/coach others.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Ability to actively participate in meetings.
- Conflict management skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Intermediate level of PC skills desired.
- Willingness to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse).
- Ability to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods.
- Position involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Willingness to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions.
- Possess or able to obtain a pesticide applicator license and Grader certificate.
- Valid Class G driver’s license required.
- Ability to obtain Class AZ license.