Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Compliance with ISO Work Instructions and Quality Plan requirements
- Meet demands in timely fashion while maintaining seed quality and supporting DuPont Production System and LEAN Manufacturing
- Handling, testing, and submitting of samples for purity and germination quality and/or certification
- Process Order creation and closing
- Label/Tag creation for Process Orders
- Creation of production schedules
- Handle a high volume and complexity of product (e.g. number of hybrids, customization)
- Creation of shipping documents and handling of inventory movements
- Compliance with IA Crop Association, or other regional Association procedures and protocol
- High School diploma or equivalent (Associates degree or higher related to agriculture preferred)
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to work shift work and overtime hours including weekend work required
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Two to three (2-3) years of manufacturing or Ag related experience
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standard Work
- Priority management skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
- Problem solving capabilities
- Good teamwork skills
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Good attention to detail with a high level of transactional excellence
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Experience in Enterprise Software such as SAP, Oracle or related software
- Intermediate to high level of computer skills including Microsoft Office and Excel
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Find a Job Find Candidates