Production Technician (Chemical Operator) Mount Pleasant United States,
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Production Technician duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate production units and monitor all process parameters on the DCS
- Field activities in the production units to include: charging raw materials, transfers, sampling, packaging product and waste, etc.
- Operation of forklift to manage material movements
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues using tenets of Basic Equipment Care
- Complete job setups including lockout / tagout, work permits, LEL testing, etc.
- Load / unload package and bulk raw materials and finished goods
- Participate in operations, safety and quality improvement initiatives
- HS diploma + 2-year technical degree (chemical engineering technology degree preferred), equivalent technical training or related industrial experience (chemical plant preferred).
- TN SCRC+ (Work Keys assessments) / gold level certificate preferred
- Demonstrated ability to advance operations improvement initiatives, follow work procedures for safety and quality of personnel, product and equipment
- Apply online and upload resume at www.solvay.com
Entry level (0 to 2 years)
Find a Job Find Candidates