Production Technician - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is currently recruiting for a Production Technician.
- As a Production Technician at this site, you will perform tasks associated with general plant operations from receiving seed to shipping seed out the door for all crops.
- Harvest activities involved from green corn receiving to shelling and bulk storage.
- Conditioning activities such as cleaning and sizing, treating and packaging, palletizing, wrapping and sampling. Could involve process orders, tag printing, grading, data entry and documentation of government records.
- Treating activities involved with the treatment of corn, soybeans and wheat.
- Shipping/receiving, interplant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and bagged seed, including safe and efficient operation of forklift.
- Return and rework activities from sorting to repackaging.
- Repair and maintenance on plant equipment as required.
- Will include operation and use of PLC equipment and forklift.
- Compliance with safety and quality standards.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Competent computer skills
- Must be mechanically inclined, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to work with limited supervision
- Ability to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willingness to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Valid Class "G" driver's license
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
The following are preferred:
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.