Production Technician - 3rd shift - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is seeking a Manufacturing Production Technician for their third shift operations.
- The hours of this position are 10:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. with potential overtime.
- The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Able to read and understand computer generated batch reports and follow packaging specifications.
- Able to distinguish product names, resource numbers, lot numbers and warehouse location
- Verify batch weights and quantities through mathematical calculations.
- Understand and follow Good Manufacturing Practices for the care, handling and storage of food products; and report any known or observed violations to management.
- Operate a forklift in a safe manner. Must understand and follow all safety procedures.
- Able to lift up to and including 50 pound packages in a safe manner as well as handling heavier packages.
- Able to mathematically and accurately break down material for "piece weight" purposes.
- Operate weight scales ensuring measuring accuracy to /-.3 of a pound.
- Must possess and exhibit organizational skills to properly stage the batch ingredients and/or packaging materials into one condensed area.
- Properly and accurately sign off for raw materials retrieved, checking for foreign materials, rework generated, finished product produced, date and time completed on computer generated batch reports.
- Properly and accurately check all batch ingredients and packaging materials against a computer generated batch report.
- Must possess and exhibit good verbal communication skills to communicate with all departments and coworkers to alert management of problems or needs to ensure proper continuous operations.
- Proper opening, cleaning and dumping of materials into equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- The incumbent must be able to follow written or verbal instructions in English.
- The ability to work independently and in accordance with company safety and sanitation standards is required.
- Knowledge of DCUSM's equipment is required.
- Previous food plant experience is preferred.
- Forklift truck experience and license required.
- Strong mathematical ability required.
- All applicants must be able to pass and background and drug test.