Production Supervisor - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
Directly supervise day-to-day activities of production area by coaching associates on a continuous improvement path in their daily activities and efforts. Coach associates to be accountable for safety, quality, production, cost, housekeeping and overall policy adherence. Ensure that safety and quality standards are achieved while driving performance to meet goals and schedules. Regular, punctual attendance is an essential function. Ensures compliance with BD quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and BD safety regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensure manufactured products meet the established quality requirements.
- Meet or exceed operational objectives (i.e. safety, quality, production, cost, etc.).
- Effectively supervise and develop others to aide in building a high performing production team.
- Promptly address any safety issues or incidents.
- Spend a minimum of 50% of time in the areas of responsibility working with associates.
- Responsible for staffing and training plans within the department.
- Provide regular, timely and specific feedback to associates.
- Provide a learning environment and challenge associates to meet higher expectations.
- Ensure an open flow of communication exists between associates and management. Represent concerns of associates to management, as well as management concerns to associates.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of company and departmental policies and practices. Works with associates to resolve employee relations issues and concerns; involves HR when needed.
- Actively participate and support continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborate with multiple departments (Production, Quality, Logistics, Finance, Engineering) ensuring performances are meeting the business objectives.
- Supervise daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree - Buisness, applied science, industrial management, engineering or human resources
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with 3 years of supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train employees in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to read, comprehend, train and enforce plant/procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with various department managers and supervisors
- Prior experience with manufacturing labor and material planning
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Electro-mechanical assembly experience
- Medical device experience
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status