Production Supervisor - United States
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Novecare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
Responsible, under the direction of Production Manager, to supervise production employees to manufacture product, receive raw materials, ship product, enforce all aspects of the EH&S program, maintain all required records, and provide transportation of all outbound product.
Additional functions will include acting as the Production Manager when the incumbent is off-site, interface between various departments which include: Sales, Human Resources, Purchasing, and Corporate Manufacturing.
This position is a permanent position.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assume the role of Production Manager when the incumbent Production Manager is off-site.
· Supervise the shift personnel.
· Participate in the daily Production Scheduling meetings. Find creative ways to maximize throughput using existing assets.
· Supervise manufacturing/production activities and resources in order to meet short/long term business objectives and customer requirements.
· Assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures and provide training of rank and file employees.
· Ensure that employees follow all Environmental, Health and Safety policies and procedures. This will include all aspects of Process Safety Management.
- Must be able to comply with all Solvay safety rules and company policies.
· Participate in the Incident Investigation. Review and submit findings to the Production Manager.
· Be available to support plant activities by working weekends or holidays when required.
· Act as a site leader role model. On a daily basis walk the site numerous times and participate in employee engagement activities.
· Possess good oral and written communication skills.
· Be a team player who can interface well with all levels of management.
· Participate in the annual employee performance assessments.
· Have the ability to lead and motivate employees.
· Have the maturity to listen to employee inquiries and take appropriate actions to address their concerns.
· Make sound decisions based upon facts.
· Be a “succession planning” candidate to eventually become a Production Manager.
- Must be able to travel to periodic management meetings and training classes.
· BS degree in Chemical Engineering or related field, or previous extensive chemical manufacturing or oil field management
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Proven innovator.
· Good personal management skills such as organized work, scheduling and cost tracking abilities.
· Ability to work well with all levels.