Production Supervisor, Downstream - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
|External Posting Title||Production Supervisor, Downstream|
We are building a new Biologics Manufacturing Facility in Luterbach (Canton Solothurn) in Switzerland. The facility will utilize new technologies pioneered by our experts in technical development and employ an innovative, world-class engineering design to deliver substantially increased productivity. It will initially house two manufacturing cells each containing four 18’000 liters bioreactors.
We commenced construction of our new facility in January 2016 and anticipate to be operational by end of 2018 / early 2019. The new facility will employ over 300-400 employees. Our new facility will revolutionize the biotech manufacturing industry by becoming the “next generation manufacturing facility” and set new standards for the biotech industry.
To support this project, we are looking for experienced Manufacturing Supervisors, who will be key contributors in setting-up a new production site. In this new role, you will manage and develop a team of Manufacturing Associates to administer Biogen’s applicable policies and procedures and will represent manufacturing in cross-functional teams:
• Schedule and direct daily manufacturing activities in the large scale purification area
• Technical responsibilities include, but not limited to, use of automated chromatography operations, ultrafiltration, viral filtration, depth filtration, and bulk drug substance dispensing
• Perform manufacturing activities according to cGMP guidelines, ensuring batch execution, resolving issues, troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for resolution
• Coordinate and draft revisions to automated batch documents
• Hire and develop a well-functioning team - focusing on values and culture, including safety and cGMP requirements
• Establishment of goals and development plans for employees
• Supervise validation activities, ensuring proper and timely execution of validation protocols
• Coordinate manufacturing activities with other departments such as Quality, Materials Management, Manufacturing science, Validation, and Process Engineering
|Job Category||Manufacturing, Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T)|
• At least 5 years of solid practical experience with similar tasks, preferably with pharmaceutical processing in manufacturing or process development environment -within biotech, pharmaceutical or food production
• Experience with startup of new facility would be beneficial
• Practical knowledge with cGMP's and understanding of biotech / pharma production processes and unit operations
• Moderate to advanced knowledge of most processing equipment
• Solid knowledge of the engineering and scientific principles associated with their areas of responsibility
• English fluent, German as a second language would be preferred
• The opportunity to join a world-class company and participate in commissioning and validation activities
• An attractive salary package
• A permanent contract with sustainable learning and development opportunities
Shift work will be required.
Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies to improve the lives of patients. As a company, Biogen recognizes that cutting-edge science and medicines can change the course of devastating diseases.
• BSc degree in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or other relevant educational background from chemical industry, food industry, pharmaceutical or biotech industry
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Manager, Pharmaceutical, Engineer, Management, Science, Engineering, Research