Perrigo Company plc, a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices. From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. Perrigo provides “Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®” across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
As a Production Supervisor at Perrigo, you will oversee 20-40 employees working on multiple production lines in a pharmaceutical manufacturing/packaging environment; will assign tasks and adjust workloads to meet production goals, schedule and monitor training and assess progress of the employees, monitor production quality and use leadership skills to solve problems with employees. This position will share specialized knowledge with management in the development and implementation of on-going processes or special projects, and recommend process changes to eliminate repetitive problems. Participate in capacity or budget planning, gather and evaluate information, and make/present recommendations. May test or evaluate materials or process changes and recommend their implementation or rejection, supervise on-going or special maintenance or installation projects, and work with engineering staff to select or evaluate new equipment both on capital projects and ancillary equipment.
- A bachelor's degree required in business, management, engineering, or related discipline: consideration may be given to those who hold 6+ years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience including 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have demonstrated strong leadership skills, including well-developed communication and problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to provide work direction across multiple production areas and have one to three years of production supervision experience.
- Previous experience working in an FDA regulated industry preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Sound judgment and good decision making skills.
Find a Job Find Candidates