This job is currently Archived,
Production Specialist Constantine United States,
Dupont Biosciences (company)
Posted on : 04 April 2017
- Our company has an exciting opportunity for a Production Specialist to join our company.
- Utilize your leadership skills in this role by supervising Production Technicians in plant and field operations tasks and processes.
- As the team lead, you will provide expertise to monitor overall process, act as a primary troubleshooter, and act as coaches to achieve productions goals and objectives. Duties and responsibilities will evolve throughout the year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead/supervise general plant and field tasks and processes such as scouting, field maintenance, pollination delay and control activities, field map preparation, etc.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with growers, contractors and seed field inspectors
- Manage seasonal workers including scheduling when to enter fields, mediating disputes, and conflict resolution
- May serve as key contact for safety and seasonal labor recruitment
- Train and coach new team members as well as ensure compliance and improve training proficiencies through audits
- Manage Integrated Pest Management Program including timely crop scouting and crop scouting thresholds.
The following are required:
- Two year technical degree/diploma or equivalent, OR HS diploma/GED and three to five (3-5) years of on-the-job or related agricultural experience
- Drivers License Required.
- Supervisor/leadership/coaching skills and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 60 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
The following are preferred:
- Certified Pesticide Applicator license desired or ability to obtain
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations
- Knowledge of disease prevntion, pest remediation, Integrated Pest Management and increasing product quality.
- Sound understanding of plant physiology and what factors influence yield and quality in seed production.
- Priority management
- Teamwork skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Conflict management skills
- Intermediate level of PC skills desired
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work are a plus
USA MI Constantine
Find a Job Find Candidates