- Our company is currently seeking a Production Specialist.
- In this role, you will lead the contract conditioning program to ensure an adequate supply of quality soybeans to our customers.
- Develops effective relationships between the Contract Conditioners, SM Operations/Support, CA Sales Area Office, Sales Operations/Support, and other Production/Contract Conditioning locations. Leads the Certification processes for all crops produced.
- Long-term production planning – serves the role of an interface between the production plans.
- Supervises contract conditioners: expand role, troubleshoot, Schedule work with contract conditioners c and Manitoba to ensure they meet Pioneer quality standards and timelines.
- Ensures the consumable resources are available when needed (ie bags, treatments).
- Ensure Direct Materials and Inventory accuracy.
- Monitors for quality results and sample submissions to ensure timelines as laid out by Quality Supply are met.
- Ensure acreage allocations and placement.
- Lead the Crop Certification process and all Crops grown.
- Oversee the process for Contract Conditioners to ensure compliance.
- Be the liaison between our company and CSGA, CFIA, CSI.
- Foster a healthy relationship with government agencies.
- Review and negotiate when required all crop seed field contracts, Conditioner Contracts.
- 2-year degree required. Bachelor's degree in Science or Business preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of industry experience.
- Certifications/Licenses CFIA knowledge is an asset.
- Position involves lifting up to 5 – 10 lbs.
- Candidate must be organized and analytical
- Demonstrated ability in planning/goal setting
- Business knowledge, broad knowledge of plant operations, government requirements and certification needs.