- Our company is currently recruiting for a Production Shift Supervisor.
- The Production Shift Supervisor will supervise/lead and coordinate activities of Plant Operations Technicians in one or more production areas.
- Generally required to be skilled in the activities of workers being supervised and will perform the tasks of workers in the group to maintain production schedule when needed.
- Monitors daily plant activities and ensure time and quality commitments are met.
- Leads and coordinates the activities of Plant Operations Technicians in multiple production, warehouse, & logistics areas on a single shift personally or through team leaders to ensure that the goals are accomplished
- Responsible for tactical planning of assigned areas to ensure the production team has the personnel and resources available to complete the assigned tasks as defined by location or corporate goals.
- Creates a culture of employee engagement, trust and talent development through supervising employees to provide coaching, feedback, training and development for those individuals.
- Leads and promotes Core Values and advances Core value performance. Leads safety engagement and commitment to zero.
- Drives seed quality and productivity improvement efforts in their assigned area.
- Accountable for achieving KPI’ for delivery, productivity, SHE, Core Values, Quality, Cost and Engagement.
- Performance management of employees (Goal setting, performance measurement, recognition, feedback, coaching, counseling, confronting and reward).
- Networks with location management on day-to-day location operations, area planning, maintenance, and staffing requirements.
- May have responsibility for more than one production area, as well as accountability for employees and processes on multiple shifts.
- The Production Supervisor needs to be knowledgeable of the fundamentals of the overall processes supervised.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Ag Business/operations management or a related subject matter is preferred.
- 4-5 years of on-the-job or related operations experience that includes supervisory or leadership experience.
- Experience may be substituted for formal secondary education. Agriculture operations experience is an asset.
- Ability to manage work processes, balance workload, train & motivate employees is key for this role.
- Specific technical requirements will vary by position but may include any of the following:
Process Improvement Skills:
- Six Sigma and other applicable tools
- R/3 systems & reports
- MS Office
- Working knowledge of PLC
- Process Safety Managemen
- Construction safety
- Safety programs
- Contractor safety
- Safety reporting procedures including incident investigation
- Budgeting/cost analysis
- Project management/layout
- Capital management
- Labor grid
- Concepts of seed conditioning, treating & bagging
- Basic understanding of genetics
- Workflow planning
- Quality/quality testing
- Predictive/preventative maintenanc
- Basic mechanical systems/welding
- Knowledge of field equipment
Customer and quality orientation: